Power Cord Removal

peterbata

Aug 22, 2022
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello all. First time post . Pump model Hayward ULTRA - PRO LX (SP2295)

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to free the power cord from the Strain Relief Bushing
that is located at the back of the motor housing. Your time and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Attachments

• Power Cord-1.jpg
    Power Cord-1.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Power Cord-2.jpg
    Power Cord-2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
That is a Heyco strain relief and there are special pliers for them to squeeze the cord/relief and it will come out. That is the official way, the unofficial way is to use a pair of Channellock pliers (plumbers pliers) and place the jaws on the section facing the top left corner in the first photo and the opposite and squeeze them together. You can see the split in that photo (it looks like one section is inside the other (bottom is on the outside of the split). In case you need to see which pliers I am speaking about I've included a photo. I've also included a photo of a Heyco plier with the strain relief in it's jaws so you can see it "in action".
th-3983480610.jpg414gOPzgYSL.jpg

Reactions: peterbata
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.