Silver Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I opened my pool today and when I released the seal on my main drain, there was no release of air from the water going down into the pipes :(. Leads me to believe the seal wasn't air tight and over time it slowly leaked and water filled the pipes. It wasn't the coldest winter we've had in PA by far, but we certainly had a few snows and a few weeks of sub 20 degree temperatures.

Everything is working and so far I haven't seen any evidence of bubbles in the pump or anything. Is there anything I should check or anything I can use to test? Unfortunately All of my pipes are completely obstructed. They go right from my filter pad, under a deck (only 6" raised) for a good distance and then into the ground somewhere. So there's almost nothing I can visually inspect.

If you are not getting air bubbles in your pump and you are not loosing water from the pool - you are most likely good.

I do not ever remember getting any noise from the main drain as you would have water rushing up into the pipe once the pipe was open.
B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.