Post-SLAM, can a vacuum robot+filter replace a vacuum?

VinylDelight

Aug 9, 2022
MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I'm currently SLAMing my pool because it had algae growth, and on day 2 or 3 now it has started to get that cloudy blue. However, I don't own a vacuum and was wondering, can a robot (if turned on numerous times per day) with the help of the filter actually clear the dead algae or is this futile?

If it is futile, where do I look quickly for a pool vacuum seeing as how I know nothing about them and really am only concerned with finishing up this SLAM and not necessarily some Cadillac vacuum I may never use again?

Thank you.

Mainstays 2pc Pool Cleaning Kit Include 25FT Hose and Vacuum Head
Robot or human?
This bundle doesn’t include a pole but perhaps you have one already?
You may find a head, hose, & pole on clearance this time of year at your local Walmart.
Otherwise any pool store will have these items- albeit at a higher cost per item. Many options on Amazon, doheny etc.
That’s really all there is to it. You can mix & match poles, hoses, & vac heads so long as they are the same size (usually 1.5”) - there are “premium” hoses & poles or just basic. I like a vac head with brushes vs rollers for a vinyl liner. Mine happens to be triangle but the shape really is just personal preference.

On the number of SLAMs that I have performed, I've always worked with a robot and filter to clean it up. I've found that the robot does help to kick up the dead algae and this helps to get it to the filter but of course it's really important to continue to do daily brushing as well.
Music to my ears. Thank you.

Do you have the pleated fine filter for your dolphin? It turns it into somewhat of a roving cartridge filter you can run at will.
It does make it require more frequent rinsing but every tool in your arsenal helps!

Do you have the pleated fine filter for your dolphin? It turns it into somewhat of a roving cartridge filter you can run at will.
It does make it require more frequent rinsing but every tool in your arsenal helps!
I believe I do. I actually went to their site and oddly they link their products to an Amazon storefront, which uses a SEO talk and is generally not great for the customer. I have the papery accordian style filter installed right now, but there is also a screendoor looking filter I have on hand if need be. The best I could determine was the screen door looking filter was only for big stuff like leaves. I am unaware if there are more than just these 2 options for the s200 Dolphin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.