Possible water behind liner....what will it hurt?

Veccster

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Only been in the pool about a month. Noticed recently that there is possible water behind the liner in a couple spots and I'm wondering if that is an issue - or what problems it could

The pool builder did NOT put a french drain pipe around the pool. In hindsight, I should've insisted. We have heavy clay soil that does not drain well. Instead, there is a pipe in the deep end corner with a cover on it. His thought, the water will move around the pool through the gravel backfill and eventually find the pipe - which drains out in a swell lower in the yard.
Maybe he's right....I don't know.

BUT, I noticed recently a couple spots where the liner felt spongy...like it wasn't tight up against the steel wall. Not terrible but definitely not a solid feel. A couple days later, it was solid again, and there are now small bumps there (I assume dirt). So the water eventually drained out.

There is no way to get a french drain in there now - concrete decking all around.

Thoughts? Maybe it's not an issue? I suppose the steel walls will rust being we but wouldn't they be wet no matter what?

Here is the two-sided drain opening - this is located in the deep end near the slide:
34604933364_7edaf63bec_c.jpg

34604930574_79093994dc_c.jpg

The area that felt spongy is in the closest corner in this picture (part of the pool edge visible through the gate):

35406719546_003b9ccab1_c.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.