Possible to slow down spa blowers?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
It is possible to change blower air output. Its just not normal.

Simplest way for domestic would be to fit 3 way valve to the discharge of the blower then position the valve to vent some air off to atmosphere. Air acts different to water, however for the exercise think of it like water, giving it an alternative path out.

I am not convinced the issue is all air. Air usually causes the jet to lift great glumps (is that a word?) of air immediately next to the wall, rather than the more typical jetting appearance.

It is possible to change blower air output. Its just not normal.

Simplest way for domestic would be to fit 3 way valve to the discharge of the blower then position the valve to vent some air off to atmosphere. Air acts different to water, however for the exercise think of it like water, giving it an alternative path out.

I am not convinced the issue is all air. Air usually causes the jet to lift great glumps (is that a word?) of air immediately next to the wall, rather than the more typical jetting appearance.

Thanks for the reply.

It's possible that it isn't the issue. The Jets are just overpowering, it makes it like rapid and I would prefer a nice subtle water tossing.

What do you suggest?

"I think I would need to run my pump at 3450 RPM and that would be pretty costly."

Running a VSP at WOT for too long of a time can overheat them. esp if the ambient air is already hot...3450 is ok in prime mode, but stick to a max 3150 or 3200 max. Dallas can get pretty hot. If your pump is in the direct sun, I'd be careful on high RPM's at that time

As of now, what RPM is the pump set to for spa mode? Blowers are pretty much a static set air production. Your only option is to determine your current cfs production, then see if you can find another blower w 50% less production. you could channel you access off to the side as noted, but that would cost you and extra valve and a waste of electricity/$$$..try finding a lower speed blower

"I think I would need to run my pump at 3450 RPM and that would be pretty costly."

Running a VSP at WOT for too long of a time can overheat them. esp if the ambient air is already hot...3450 is ok in prime mode, but stick to a max 3150 or 3200 max. Dallas can get pretty hot. If your pump is in the direct sun, I'd be careful on high RPM's at that time

As of now, what RPM is the pump set to for spa mode? Blowers are pretty much a static set air production. Your only option is to determine your current cfs production, then see if you can find another blower w 50% less production. you could channel you access off to the side as noted, but that would cost you and extra valve and a waste of electricity/$$$..try finding a lower speed blower

Spa is at 2250 RPM, I was running it at 3450RPM until I read up on it. Maybe I can raise it to 2500RPM and see if that resolves it.

Cub Fan

You'll see marginal improvement going from 2250 to 2500...try 2950 or 3000, then post back

Also, how far is your spa from the equipment pad? W add'l distance, you're increasing your head loss which has an impact on water pressure at the spa jets...I really believe at 2950-3000 you will feel better still be able to relax when STL takes the Div. :) My mom was born there and a huge relative base too.

Cub Fan

You'll see marginal improvement going from 2250 to 2500...try 2950 or 3000, then post back

Also, how far is your spa from the equipment pad? W add'l distance, you're increasing your head loss which has an impact on water pressure at the spa jets...I really believe at 2950-3000 you will feel better still be able to relax when STL takes the Div. :) My mom was born there and a huge relative base too.

I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Also, I will ignore the last part of your statement! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah. What I used to do was turn on the blower, then turn it off, then the Jets would be perfect. Not sure how.

I think I would need to run my pump at 3450 RPM and that would be pretty costly.

This is because the blower is connected to the venturi pipe on the jet. The pump runs and isn't pulling enough vacuum to clear the water from the venturi pipe, the blower is turned on and pushes the water clear of venturi pipe as long as venturi pipe remains clear the pump will now jet properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.