gipoolguy

May 24, 2020
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi there we are new to TFP about embark on the pool journey. My husband and I have been looking at different PB options and seem to like this one the most. The pool is 39x19. Husband and I are going back and forth if its too close to the House. At its closest point by the sunshelf i believe its right at 6ft off the 11ft deep patio. its 9ft on the right corner near the house. Is there a good rule of thumb to follow on distance from patio and house? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 143766

Last edited:
I don't think there is any rule of thumb... I have seen pools fairly close to homes and others very far away. I am sure there is a minimum code for your city but you are likely well above that. I am sure someone will chime in if there is a true constraint.

What makes you think it is too close? Are the patio areas the size you would like? That is really what I think would drive it plus how much space you want in the yard behind the pool. Also I guess how much you want to spend in sqft of patio space if you pull it away from the house. Is any of the roofline in the render over covered patio? Or is that all right against the house? Maybe a render looking back towards the house would help you think it through.

i had my husband lay out a water hose of the the water line which is 6 ft so coping is even closer. the south is a covered patio and it just seemed really close once you see it on the ground like that. you are right about the $$ to pull it away from house. that will be the couple thousand $ question i suppose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.