Possible clogged filter ?

Maxomom

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2010
Depressurized and opened my Pentair FNS+ 48 DE filter this morning to clean it as I've done many times previously. Much to my surprise the bottom half of the tank was 2/3rds full of water. I know there's plug that comes off at the bottom of the tank but I'm concerned that I may have a bigger problem. Perhaps a clog somewhere? How to proceed?
Thanks!
Maxomom
(Paula)

I gathered from you reply that perhaps that valve might be in the wrong position. It was in filter mode where it should be unless I'm backwashing right? I tried pulling up on the valve to see if the water would drain and the handle is good and stuck. It will swivel in and out of position but will not pull up.

Sorry... I don't understand your reply.. nothing is different. Just attempted to move the backwash valve into the backwash position in case that would help. No can do. Different problem I assume? Still have a tank full of water. If you have any suggestions at all as to how to drain it other than pulling the plug then please let me know. Thanks for your help...

Maybe a shop vac or siphon.

You can use your vacuum hose as a siphon.

stretch out the hose, fill the hose with water, put one end in the tank and drop the other end at a lower elevation and the tank will drain quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.