Portable pool vacuum, is it a thing?

Jan 8, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

Thanks for looking.

We have a really old pool, the pump is pretty weak and I don't have any secondary connectors in the pool for creepy crawlers and such like.

The floor of the pool is getting a lot of dust and the vacuum hose you put over the skimmer is complete rubbish. Actually from memory the vacuum attachment is broken, we haven't vacuumed in years.

I have an electric 4wd robot that's ok for big stuff but pretty rubbish for fine stuff.

Has anyone seen or built a standalone vacuum, available in Australia, occasionally I just want to vacuum independently, basically a trolley, pump and filter?

Thanks.

Richard

Richard,

Seems like it would be fairly easy to build your own.. Get a good used single speed pump and filter and strap it to a dolly.. Roll it up poolside and vacuum away..

Another option would be to upgrade your pump and add a manual valve just for the vacuum. Here is a pic of one that I used to use before I got a robot cleaner...

Basically you can adjust the amount of vacuum by adjusting the valve.. The vacuum plugs in where the black rubber boot is...

dbtgallery.php

Of course this only works if your equipment pad is somewhere close to your pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.