pam3lad

May 22, 2022
North carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site we purchased a 20x48 Bestway deluxe steel series in march, we just got it put up yesterday and filled today it is still off level by 2inches I believe. However, when we were out today after it had rained it sounded like the legs were popping? I am unsure if this is normal maybe it was settling but I am overly worried about it. for reference, I and my 3 year old were in it today while it finished filling it seemed fine structurally you cannot tell it's not completely level unless you look at the water.

edited to add when we were outside and heard the popping sounds we were placing the cover on to prevent any debris falling in.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Curious about those sounds. :scratch: Can you post some pics of the pool, the post base installation, and how it looks around the waterline?

The legs where the pump line I believe is where it was coming from, all of the legs all around look seated the same. I know you want a photo of the actual water I added the third just as a reference, I will have to take the cover off to get a photo of the water line for you.

I wonder if where the temperature dropped last night if the sleeves where the poles go were adjusting? I know they loosen in the heat just a side thought.

Attachments

• pool.jpeg
    pool.jpeg
    941.8 KB · Views: 14
  • pool2.jpeg
    pool2.jpeg
    670.2 KB · Views: 15
  • pool3.jpeg
    pool3.jpeg
    570.3 KB · Views: 14
so it is mainly just that really hard packed down clay dirty under them.
That could be the issue and is something you should watch closely. A major majority of AGP owners place their posts on a paver stone/brick base. All that weight and any moisture from rain or splash out can cause shifting and/or settling. I would keep a close eye on those posts and bases.

That could be the issue and is something you should watch closely. A major majority of AGP owners place their posts on a paver stone/brick base. All that weight and any moisture from rain or splash out can cause shifting and/or settling. I would keep a close eye on those posts and bases.
Right, I had read about that and we tried but were unable to get them flush, I suppose we could try placing some thinner pavers under it using one of the "jack" ideas I've seen others successfully use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.