Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Tonight we had a pool party. Lots of kids in the pool, and I was hanging out poolside with my buddy (who owns a pool service company) and he notices what he thinks is poop in the pool. I took as closer look (regrettably), and discovered one of the kids had indeed pooped in the pool. I brushed it all to where the pool sweep could pick it up, and immediately added chlorine to shock level (27 FC with ~60 cya).

My question is, at what point is the pool good to swim in again?

You did the correct thing in bringing the FC up to SLAM (shock) level. I am hoping you left the pump on all night so the water could circulate all night. I would clean the filter and keep the FC just under the SLAM level for your CYA for today. That way you can still swim today! If you did not have the pump on all night I would not swim today.

You're sure it wasn't a Baby Ruth?

No.... Not solid :mad:

Everything seems to have turned out well though. FC held at 27 ppm overnight, and CC does not appear to have even reached 0.5.

Pool is looking fantastic after that SLAM, super clear water. 20180728_210735-1209x1612.jpg

Yikes, the thought of that happening in an ozone or uv pool is very creepy. I don't enjoy chlorine, of course, but I do like being surrounded by it when I'm in a pool with a bunch of nasty critters (you know, like those humans)!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.