Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I hate to be a “Karen”, but the new PoolMath update is driving me nuts and wanted to give you all some (unsolicited) feedback lol. First, I cannot tell you how many things I’ve deleted by accident due to the “Delete Log” button when I click on an existing entry to update and/or correct something. WHYYYYY?! It was already easy to delete a log entry. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Example:
IMG_4302.jpeg
This was when I realized (23 hours later lol!) that I put the wrong temperature. I accidentally put 83 when I meant to put 73. I almost deleted the entire test log bc I’m not used to the big ole DELETE button being there. Yes, I need to pay attention and I’ll get used to it, but it’s still buggin me lol!

SECOND…..why why why did you take away how many gallons of each chemical when you go to the “Summary” section?! You already had it where it showed the ppm +/- total, which was cool. But it’s also nice to know how many gallons of Liquid Chlorine (or whatever) that I have used. I clicked on the little circle with the plus sign to see if it would appear there, but it didn’t. This would be a nice feature to add. Example:

IMG_4300.jpeg

I really hate to sound petty, but I do pay for the app yearly so I just wanted to give you guys my opinion on the update and whether or not there are still some things that are being worked on? Or do I need to just get over it? lol! Thank you TFP for all that you do! I really hope my constructive criticism isn’t offensive. I know you all work very hard and it’s so appreciated! Thank you for reading my little rant lol

Reactions: kimkats and newdude
Oh gosh. I’m still running the old app. This sounds like a bit of a headache. I always make an error and have to go back and adjust something. I hope that’s still allowed. I’d hate to need to redo the whole log just for one thing. Especially since I won’t remember each entry.

Update- I just updated the app. Might as well start getting used to the new version

Reactions: thefloatqueen
1. Even after you click the “delete” button you’ll need to click a confirmation message. If you mistakenly delete something you really weren’t paying attention. 😂

2. Let me peak as I don’t remember what all was shown in the last version for summary.

1. Even after you click the “delete” button you’ll need to click a confirmation message. If you mistakenly delete something you really weren’t paying attention. 😂

2. Let me peak as I don’t remember what all was shown in the last version for summary.
Yes, you’re very correct on the first one. 🤣🤣 I am getting used to it and it’s not bugging me as much. The second one, I’m probably the only one lol, or at least in the minority who is bothered by it. I really would like to know how many gallons (or whatever) I’ve used. It was helpful information for me pre-update, so I kinda miss it. 🥺 I should’ve mentioned that issue first, as it REALLY is bothering me lol. The delete button is just a petty annoyance that I’m getting used to. 😂

That is great news. The dashboard is so colorful that I thought something was wrong.
Oh I’m loving the colors!! Very pretty. My only complaint about them is they make it look quite “advanced” — which can be a little intimidating, especially for new TFP and poolmath users.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh gosh. I’m still running the old app. This sounds like a bit of a headache. I always make an error and have to go back and adjust something. I hope that’s still allowed. I’d hate to need to redo the whole log just for one thing. Especially since I won’t remember each entry.

Update- I just updated the app. Might as well start getting used to the new version
I may have been a little overly dramatic lol. You definitely CAN still click on a log and edit it. Just pretend like that delete button isn’t there and go straight for the check mark in the upper right hand corner lol. I am trying to train my eyes to ignore its existence lol. It does have a pop up that asks if you’re sure, but I’m one of those people who just does things out of habit. I’m getting the gist of it, but I’ve had a few hiccups. I still have clicked it many times but the pop up has been saving me lol

Last edited:
Reactions: kul
Talked to Jon last night for a few minutes and have some general statements for the feedback given.

First, I cannot tell you how many things I’ve deleted by accident due to the “Delete Log” button when I click on an existing entry to update and/or correct something.
We are able to maybe edit this button to a red or maybe make it less prominent to avoid any issues. We do however ask that you please sit on this and chime back in a few days if this actually is a large issue. I understand the concern of not wanting to mistakenly delete an entry, but I also know there’s multiple steps that must be taken to actually delete something.

why why why did you take away how many gallons of each chemical when you go to the “Summary” section?!
If you were to quiz Jon and I right now about what was shown in the summary section and not allow us to look at the old code there’s NO way either of us with 100% certainty could tell you what was listed. Neither of us really even knew there was a change here until now. We’ll add it to a list to take a peak at and we’ll revisit it as we move forward. 👍

I thought this part of the forum was monitored by whomever runs PoolMath! 😊

The lead developer of PoolMath almost never comes to TFP. He’ll visit every once in a while if I point out some post, but it’s rare he’s online. During development I myself tend to focus solely on our ticket system verses the forum as well simply because it makes my tasks easier.

Sharing feedback/issues to the email address listed above however has multiple perks. If it’s an issue you’re going to get things resolved quicker via email as we’re BOTH notified instantly plus we’re able to ask a few personal questions (email mainly) that we can’t really ask on the forum. When sharing feedback like here it’s nice also because we’ve got things setup where we can click one button and have your ideas summarized and added to a tracker instantly……plus Jon and I both follow along there while we don’t always visit here.

So, on the app when I make a log, it says the correct local time. I clicked on my PoolMath Logs on TFP just out of curiosity and the times shown are 3 hours ahead! Not a huge deal at all, but in case no one else has pointed this out, I just wanted to make y’all aware. Especially our TFP Experts who look at the logs to help others with their questions and see timeframes that are not correct.

CORRECTION: 4 hours ahead, not 3!

This issue with the timestamps showing ahead on the website when viewing PoolMath logs is known. The discrepancy occurs because the TFP website currently displays the timestamps in UTC rather than local time.

While this isn’t intended behavior, we’re aware of it and we’re considering solutions to ensure the correct local time is displayed for our users plus additional data for the responders.

This issue with the timestamps showing ahead on the website when viewing PoolMath logs is known. The discrepancy occurs because the TFP website currently displays the timestamps in UTC rather than local time.

While this isn’t intended behavior, we’re aware of it and we’re considering solutions to ensure the correct local time is displayed for our users plus additional data for the responders.
I see. Thank you for your response! I’m not bothered by it personally since when I look on my app (iOS), it shows my correct local time (eastern). I just didn’t know if y’all were aware of it or not. I never would’ve noticed if I didn’t click on the PoolMath button when I clicked on my username so I could fix my signature, lol. I appreciate your response, thanks again! 😊

I hate to be a “Karen”, but the new PoolMath update is driving me nuts and wanted to give you all some (unsolicited) feedback lol. First, I cannot tell you how many things I’ve deleted by accident due to the “Delete Log” button when I click on an existing entry to update and/or correct something. WHYYYYY?! It was already easy to delete a log entry. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Example:
View attachment 572687
This was when I realized (23 hours later lol!) that I put the wrong temperature. I accidentally put 83 when I meant to put 73. I almost deleted the entire test log bc I’m not used to the big ole DELETE button being there. Yes, I need to pay attention and I’ll get used to it, but it’s still buggin me lol!

SECOND…..why why why did you take away how many gallons of each chemical when you go to the “Summary” section?! You already had it where it showed the ppm +/- total, which was cool. But it’s also nice to know how many gallons of Liquid Chlorine (or whatever) that I have used. I clicked on the little circle with the plus sign to see if it would appear there, but it didn’t. This would be a nice feature to add. Example:

View attachment 572690

I really hate to sound petty, but I do pay for the app yearly so I just wanted to give you guys my opinion on the update and whether or not there are still some things that are being worked on? Or do I need to just get over it? lol! Thank you TFP for all that you do! I really hope my constructive criticism isn’t offensive. I know you all work very hard and it’s so appreciated! Thank you for reading my little rant lol
How do I get the new version.. I dont see it on google play store. Is it iPhone only?

How do I get the new version.. I dont see it on google play store. Is it iPhone only?
Please keep checking the Google Play Store as updates can roll out gradually. It should appear shortly. If you don’t see the new version soon, please let us know, and we’ll investigate further.
Don’t do it lol I miss the old version so much! I have iOS but I believe it’s available for both. I would wait until they fix the bugs.
Could you please email us at [email protected] to report any specific bugs you’re experiencing? We’ve addressed many in recent updates, and we want to ensure your issues are resolved.