Poollovers New Build in Miami, Florida

Thanks for the compliments on the tile. We had a million to choose from literally, and when we saw this one we knew it was the one. The rest of the choices have revolved around this tile. :thumleft:

Today they completed the plumbing, I wasn't home to take pictures of the work (I'm back at school, summer break is over :( ) and it was dark when I got home. I'll shoot the pics and post them in the morning. :p

Re: Poollovers New Build in Miami, Florida -We have plumbing

Slowly but surely we are getting there---- Soon we will be swimming, I hope!!

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

Pavers have arrived!

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

Sand is in
DSC_0554.jpg

Electricity is in
DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

Hopefully Tuesday - Inspection and concrete slab.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where in Miami are you? Also, who is your pool builder?

When I was qouting my pool no one could committ to less than 5 months. Some companies said it should take three months but never would put it into the contract, even adding an extra 30 days. I signed my contract day before Thanksgiving and hole was dug end of December. Pool was completed by end of April.

Looks like your pool will be done a lot quicker than mine. Could be to the slow down in construction in our area. Make sure everything is up to your standards before making last payment. Do not let the builder bully you into paying before your 100% satisfied.

Thanks!!!
I am in the city of Miami right of US1 and 17th Ave. We used Nationwide Pools. They have been great, but we have also been on top of things by calling the site manager :whip: to follow up after someone is out. Our dig was July 7th and we haven't had much rain, thank goodness. They also guarantee it to be finished 8-10 working weeks after the dig. We are within that range. They have a lot of jobs. The site manager is overseeing around 40+ from Homestead to Ft. Lauderdale (hence why we have to follow up :whip: ). We chose them because of the guarantee they give on the pool and they also didn't badmouth :blah: the other companies we were looking at. I also did my research and a lot of the local companies did not have good ratings on BBB or have had legal issues. I didn't want to even get involved in any of that. We were hoping to be swimming before school got in but we soon found out that was not going to happen. :cry: Hopefully, we will be in the water in the next two weeks.

Stay safe from Hannah it seems were are going to get Tropical Storm winds. -- Another day without school!! :roll:

Raquel

poolover,
Nice looking pool, your pool is going to look great when finished, but the only concern I have, is why is your exposed electrical work run in pvc conduit? If that was mine I would not have allowed that.

poollovers said:
Thanks!!!
I am in the city of Miami right of US1 and 17th Ave. We used Nationwide Pools.
Stay safe from Hannah it seems were are going to get Tropical Storm winds. -- Another day without school!! :roll:
Raquel

I'm 3 miles West of US1 on 184st. We're not neighbors but close enough. Are you by Casonas? (Pizza place, I think that is what it is called off US1 and 17th).

I hope you get to swim soon. I was swimming in 82-84deg of water last year up to end of September. Then I bought a solar cover and had 86deg water up to December . I then bought Solar panels early Jan. Swam all season.

Poolidiot said:
EMT with water tight fittings.

I checked and apparently they are up to code and are better against the elements.. that is what I was told.

JCJR- Yes, I live right by Cazola's the only pizza place that is open during and after hurricane. We eat there at least twice a week. I hope to be swimming soon although I think that -- Hanah, Ike and Josefine also want to partake in our pool construction. :cry:

Stay safe!!!

Raquel

cajunfla said:
EMT corrodes like crazy in Florida. PVC will provide many more years of service.

Well I hope you are right. PVC gets pretty brittle being in direct sun light over the years. But I do not do electrical work in FL so I will :bowdown: to your answer.

Pool is looking great by the way.

Re: Poollovers New Build in Miami, Florida Update

Well not much has happened other than two failed electrical inspections and some pretty upset paver installers. Apparently, there is a wire that goes around the pool and it was not installed properly, they did not use the right clamps. The inspector came out and made a note of it. They supposedly fixed them but they missed two in front of the skimmer which the inspector found in 30 seconds. The paver installers want to start laying the pavers that have been sitting on my lawn for over two weeks. Meanwhile, the fence has been removed, weeded grass removed and new fence is being installed. Hopefully, this issue with the electrical will be resolved by next week.
I will post more daylight pictures tomorrow.

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0704.jpg

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0706.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.