Pool way too good to be true...

How long do you have to keep the pool in the target FC to have had it kill stuff
Chlorine is a contact killer for the most part, or within minutes if not.
(assuming its not losing FC to killing algea or other larger less dangerous stuff)
Anywhere between min and SLAM is sanitary. For example being at 12 and losing 6 due to algae with a CYA of 30, is still sterile.

Reactions: Wntrequinx
Chlorine is a contact killer for the most part, or within minutes if not.

Anywhere between min and SLAM is sanitary. For example being at 12 and losing 6 due to algae with a CYA of 30, is still sterile.
I thought so, but wasn't sure if there was a need to circulate the pool to make sure its everywhere, etc. I have been working under the assumption of it taking 30 min to an hour to distribute and kill nasties if I accidentally get it too low.

I have been working under the assumption of it taking 30 min to an hour to distribute and kill nasties if I accidentally get it too low.
Circulation is always a good thing, but it takes 15 mins to properly mix with good circulation. And for the most part, you're just equalizing a FC or two. It's not like one area will be 0 and another 7. (Usually)

Reactions: Wntrequinx
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.