Allen, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all, it has been hot and very dry in Texas this summer and I have been having to fill my pool with water at a rate of 1 hour from a flex hose per day. While evaporation is high, this seems a bit extreme even in 100+ temps.
In addition to the need to fill my pool regularly, I have also noticed my level of salt seems to decrease more frequently than others have reported. This has lead me to troubleshoot potential leaks in my system.

I have found no leaks at the equipment and nothing visible around the pool. One thing I have seen, is that my skimmer overflow vent seems really close to my ideal water level. Please see the picture below. I believe we may have been filling the pool so high that water is simply venting out of this overflow? Can anyone comment on the size of my vent and if it is normal for this to be so close to the middle of my pool tiles?

Any explanation or ideas on what this is and what it is used for would be appreciated.

pool skimmer.jpg

Last edited:
Those are your overflow drains. If the water level rises to them, it is drained off to somewhere on your property or to wherever they plumbed it to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.