Pool Water and MRSA

We went out of town last week. Chemicals were in balance when I left. Someone who was house sitting came down with MRSA. We don't think it was from the pool because no one had been in the pool that has been sick and we honestly don't have many people in the pool. He had recently had physical therapy for shoulder surgery and we are thinking could have been from that. I just found out today it was MRSA and not just a random bug bite like he originally thought. Has anyone else dealt with this and if so what do you think I should do? I know staph and MRSA will not survive in a pool if the chorine and ph are in proper balance which when we left it was but I know it rained twice while we were gone so I don't know if the balance could have been thrown off enough to cause a problem. His son was in the water every day and has not gotten sick. Please advise!

MRSA is mainly contracted in hospitals and in surgery. Your pool had nothing to do with him contracting MRSA and everything to do with him having shoulder surgery.

Good luck to your friend and treat your pool as you normally would.

You scared me for a moment there. JJ and James for the WIN to calm me down. Bless you both. My 10 year old got type 1 diabetes last year and 2 months later got diagnosed with Celiacs also. Evidentally the 2 can go hand in hand because both are auto-immune's. We are constantly on guard with her body not being 100% for fighting some things off, and MRSA/Staff are ugly even for the healthiest.

My dad battled MRSA in his spine for about 7 years total. The first 3 were all about 14 surgeries, a huge hole in his back, and finally removal of the infected cadaver bone. It came back about 2.5 years later. My sons and ex have gotten the skin type as well.

My dad's dr. told him to tell us to wash our bedclothes/linens in bleach and to also soak (our bodies) in a tub once a week with 1 cup of bleach as a preventative measure. 1 cup in 100 gallons of water with no CYA is 39ppm.

If you are concerned, I'd say it would be fine to raise FC up to mustard algae FC level for your CYA level for 24 hours. That should kill it, if it's in the water.

Were you aware Celiac disease is predominantly a North American disease? Endocrinologists are convinced it’s cause by our over use of Glyphosate's. Go to some European countries and gluten free products don’t exist. We aren’t gluten allergic, we are glyphosate intolerant.

Whatever they want to call it or tell me I dunno and I can’t vouch for. And believe me we have internet-ed the snot out of it but you also know how that goes. For all I know Jenny McCarthy wrote the article. What I do know is that my 10 year old gets violently ill from any wheat/grains. Even just a trace. She was symptom free while they had us going through most of the testing for it and we were convinced it didn’t affect her. By the time the lab results were in, we were convinced the symptoms were full blown and we went into the last appointment knowing they were going to tell us it was official.

I have a close relative that lived with us, with both, type1 at 14, celiac diagnosed at 21. Yup, I know of that vomiting, even cross contamination was brutal. She took a trip to Europe, couldn’t find gluten free in restaurants and said the heck with it. To her shock, zero symptoms. Upon returning and a subsequent visit to her endo, she mentioned this odd phenomena. Her endo smiled, then said it’s a NA disease. Most of Europe banned glyphosate. You have a glyphosate issue, not grains.

Best I could educate myself on it was it had something to do with the way we altered the crops years ago. They knew of the byproducts then and it’s hurting us now. But I’m so far out of my element that I wouldn’t bet on anything one way of the other.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a close relative that lived with us, with both, type1 at 14, celiac diagnosed at 21. Yup, I know of that vomiting, even cross contamination was brutal. She took a trip to Europe, couldn’t find gluten free in restaurants and said the heck with it. To her shock, zero symptoms. Upon returning and a subsequent visit to her endo, she mentioned this odd phenomena. Her endo smiled, then said it’s a NA disease. Most of Europe banned glyphosate. You have a glyphosate issue, not grains.
This is interesting, I've never heard that before. I know that the more common type of wheat grown in Europe does contain less gluten, and a lot of people have reported no ill effects eating wheat products in Europe.

I did find at least one study/paper published that suggests that glyphosate could cause celiac's by disrupting some of the biological functions in the gut. Also, in the 5 minutes that I spent googling it, it appears that glyphosate is not banned in most of Europe.

Interesting though, I learned something new today.

Monsanto constantly fights any ban, some countries have succeeded.

IMO we are poisoning our future for Corp profits. Cows get drugs so they don’t feel full and continue to eat, egg to broiler chicken used to be 9 weeks I believe, it’s now under 7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.