Pool Volume

251LCT

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2020
Newnan, GA
Hello,
I just got the TF-100 test kit. I have a free form pool that was installed by the previous owner. The paperwork for the pool does not give the volume. It states that the pool is 630 sq ft with an “exposed beam”???? 30 ft by 14 inches high. Depth of 3.5 feet to 8 feet. One of the water sample bottles says 23k gallons. When I calculate with what I found on google, I get 27k gallons. I have no idea. Thanks for any help.

27k is probably close. Gallons =cubic ft. X 7.5
630square ft x average depth 6’ x7.5 = 28,350 gal. Probably won’t average that deep?

If you have fresh chlorine you are confident is at labeled strength, test cL, add CL to pool, wait 30 min and test again. Pool math will tell you “effects of adding” with a certain gallon volume. Change volume until you match, at least somewhat.

As you add in future verify a few timeswith same process.
Do NOT do this with CYA or salt, have to drain if your on high side of chemical addition.

27k is probably close. Gallons =cubic ft. X 7.5
630square ft x average depth 6’ x7.5 = 28,350 gal. Probably won’t average that deep?

If you have fresh chlorine you are confident is at labeled strength, test cL, add CL to pool, wait 30 min and test again. Pool math will tell you “effects of adding” with a certain gallon volume. Change volume until you match, at least somewhat.

As you add in future verify a few timeswith same process.
Do NOT do this with CYA or salt, have to drain if your on high side of chemical addition.

Thanks,

I just did the first real test on the pool. The results:
FC 0.9
CH 775
TA 130
CYA 110
PH 6.8
Assuming I did it correctly, my pool is way off. Water was perfect according yo pool store last season, but I know they aren’t tat accurate. I haven’t taken samples there this year, as I wanted to test myself. The test strips were showing everything was good until I got the kit. Water has been clear with no algae. So, I guess with the high CYA and the high CH, I need to drain about half the pool, fill, then re-test? I’m done with the tablets. I hope to add a swg later this year.
Thanks

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.