Pool vacuum confusion…

petrie2

Apr 23, 2024
texas
all,

I’ve been researching robotic pool vacuums for some time now and thought I had it narrowed down to one. I’ve seen repeatedly that dolphin robots are more reliable and better than Polaris ones, namely on reddit and other comparison sites (unless clearly sponsored).

Today I went into a store to purchase the Dolphin Active 20, which was the one chosen for its features for the price… namely a good sized debris container with different sized filters, corded, and waterline included. I didn’t need an app, but am not fundamentally against one. Lastly I like the idea of pool floor mapping.

The store, who sells both Polaris and dolphin, was adamantly warning me against buying a dolphin which I thought odd and contradicting to everything I had seen up to this point. Is there actually a reliability issue? Is there a polaris with equivalent features? I can’t find an easy formatted comparison for the different Polaris machines…I’m open to a Polaris with the same features but I don’t know what that is.

Any advice will help!

p2,

See this review...

The much older Dolphins lasted 5 to 7 years.. sometimes longer..

The newer Dolphins, work great, but tend to only last 3 to 5 years..

This is why I switched to the EVO.. That said.. I have no clue how long it will last, and by the time I know, there will be a whole new batch of robots.. :mrgreen:

Buy wherever you want, but I suggest that you talk with Marina Pool and Spa before closing the deal..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Joe_Fire