Pool Vaccum Head Experiences

Jul 16, 2017
Burlingame CA
Hi Guys
Its time for me to buy a new vac head. I have an old one that has lasted like 15 years and so its time for a new one.

Writing in to see what experiences folks have had recently with vac heads. Going on Amazon, I see a lot of negative reviews on some of the cheaper models that are between $20 - $50. Leslie's and Inyopools have vac heads but there are in the $50 - $130 range. Here are the links of the ones that I looked at

Aquatix Pro Amazon.com : Aquatix Pro Pool Vacuum Head with Wheels, 14" Heavy Duty Model, Aluminium Handle, Flex Swimming Pool Vacuum Head with Swivel, Weighted Attachment for Concrete or Plaster Pool Cleaning : Garden & Outdoor
US Pool Supply - Amazon.com : U.S. Pool Supply 14" Weighted Flexible Concrete Swimming Pool Vacuum Head with Swivel Hose Connection & Aluminum Spring Action Pole Handle - Connect 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" Hose : Garden & Outdoor
Fibropool - Amazon.com : FibroPool Professional Flexible Swimming Pool Vacuum Head : Garden & Outdoor (like this one the best as it claims stainless steel bearings and pole post)
Swimline - Amazon.com: Swimline Weighted Flex Vacuum Head, Blue: Garden & Outdoor (rust complaints on reviews)
Hayward SP1068 - Hayward SP1068 Clear view triangular vacuum head, heavy duty; uses 1.5 inch ID hose; brushes are replaceable

Any experiences or recommendations to share

Thanks

I have the Hayward. No form of pool vacuuming is particularly fast, or fun, so one of the first things I set out to do was to get one that worked better. Upon reading half a bazillion reviews it appeared that I already had the more efficient vac head. The brushes really help and because of them I might have to brush with the regular brush once per year. Some years I never brushed once.

I have the Hayward. No form of pool vacuuming is particularly fast, or fun, so one of the first things I set out to do was to get one that worked better. Upon reading half a bazillion reviews it appeared that I already had the more efficient vac head. The brushes really help and because of them I might have to brush with the regular brush once per year. Some years I never brushed once.
Ok great - thanks for sharing

I had a new triangular vacuum head last year (looked like a US Pools product) and it completely shattered one week into this season. The fitting for the hose cracked and went straight through the bottom. I was also disappointed by the options and had trouble differentiating them. Would recommend something with bristles, though.

I have had the Swimline one from above and I have been happy with it for the most part. The screws do tend to rust over time, but for $16, it's easier to just buy a new one and not worry about it. I guess you could replace the screws and nuts if you wanted to, but that might cost as much as a new one.

The unit is very light, but comes with a spring on the handle which is very important to keep the head from floating up when you're vacuuming the walls. I have tried others without a spring and was always disappointed how they would float up when I didn't want them to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.