Gold Supporter
May 15, 2019
Bridgewater, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have dolphin Nautilus CC pool vac. It has the long blue cable thT connects to the controller box. The cable now is fraying. Small blue pieces are coming off on the entire cable. Luckily I use hair nets in the Skimmer baskets so those small pieces get caught. Is there anything I can do besides reaching out to the company. Vac is out of warranty.

Some of those floating cables were deteriorating too soon and were being replaced at some point under warranty. You may want to reach out to them if they'd still honor it. I just changed one on a Dolphin but was for a Triton and non swivel. Out of pocket it was $99. Didn't go the warranty route since the op had damaged it in the auto cover system.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I called Matronics and vac is out of warranty. Cable fraying is due to too much chlorine. I also tend to leave the vac in the pool for longer periods of time even though it's not doing anything. I searched the part number for the cable online and found it on amazon for $155. There may be online videos on how to replace it DIY.How to change the cable.

They tend to get gummy over time if left submerged- then eventually begin to crumble.
While still in the gummy stage the prescription is to lay the cable out in the sun (this helps work out any kinks as well).
I leave my bot in the pool all season long (7months) but each day (If I remember) I try to loosely coil the cable up on the deck so there’s only about 4ft still in the water.
This accomplishes 3 things for me:
- the majority of the cable is allowed to dry out & gummyness is reduced/eliminated
- it doesn’t become tangled as badly
- my bot is “asleep” in its shady spot under the umbrella
Notes*
*my fc stays around 9ppm or sometimes higher most all the time (cya 70-80)
* my nautilus cc is 2.5 yrs old - this is it’s 3rd season in service
* the cable & the bot itself are lighter now due to uv exposure- how do I know? Because inside the bot those are both still the original color yet the entire thing is submerged in the chlorinated water.
If you’re following tfp FC/CYA Levels the deterioration is more likely to be from constant submersion & uv exposure than fc levels.

Fyi - marina has the 40ft cable for $59
& the 50ft cable for $99
Genuine parts

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.