Pool under construction

• Thread starter Deleted member 312768
  • Start date
Looking at pics the cover with the two holes came from the decking travertine which now I just realize had lots of holes--that is probably why the masonry guy grouted the entire decking travertine but only did sections of the coping.

Last edited:
Beautiful stuff! We just had that color installed for coping and deck and love it. Nice dog!!! Our coping came bullnosed and clean of holes, but on the deck we just allowed the polymeric sanding to smooth and blend all in, though it's not permanent but blends all the colors and grout lines smoothly.
Oh wow. I think polymeric sand would be a great idea. That might work for concrete too. For our concrete pavers they filled in any holes with sand but the sand was a dark gray so the holes stood out more. Using a matching sand could blend it all in.

Oh wow. I think polymeric sand would be a great idea. That might work for concrete too. For our concrete pavers they filled in any holes with sand but the sand was a dark gray so the holes stood out more. Using a matching sand could blend it all in.
You just might have to re-sand and wet in every few years, but as much as we power wash, I suspect more for me :)

Reactions: Cena_sea
They make excellent cement sealers, which I have used on cement brick, that does not change the appearance of color, no sheen, but will not allow water to penetrate. Cement brick on walls that get dark in wet places and light in dry places is why used, so your cement coping would always look dry and bead water instead of get that wet look. There's many brands, so don't have an exact as it's been years.
Oh wow, thank you! I will look into that!

Consider them your pool's "Beauty Marks". I guess they could be filled but it would look like they were filled so not so good. I assure you no one else will even notice them in the long run!
Hey Miss Princess of Sparkles and Shine, is it ok to use these tiles on the steps? Will it be slippery? I never thought of it and someone just mentioned it to me. I had selected another tile that was less slippery and my PB told me he couldn’t wait for them to come in. 4 week lead time. He installed the tiles 9 weeks after said date 😤

Help with Plaster color please please! I cannot for the life of me find any photos online of Plasterscapes, Blue Harbor or Deep Blue harbor. I have had my heart set on a cobalt blue color for my pool - but as you can see my step tiles and wall tiles are cobalt - will they even pop or show up with that color plaster? I don't care for white/gray/green so blue is my only choice! for those of you who have a step tile that is similar to your plaster can you please post pics? Thank you!

Help with Plaster color please please! I cannot for the life of me find any photos online of Plasterscapes, Blue Harbor or Deep Blue harbor. I have had my heart set on a cobalt blue color for my pool - but as you can see my step tiles and wall tiles are cobalt - will they even pop or show up with that color plaster? I don't care for white/gray/green so blue is my only choice! for those of you who have a step tile that is similar to your plaster can you please post pics? Thank you!
Here's Deep Blue Harbor = Pool Finishes: | NPTpool.com

Here's Blue Harbor = Pool Finishes: | NPTpool.com

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would love to see your whole pool done with the tile!!! There are some all tile pools (OH SO PRETTY) that do not have problems with them being slippery.

Are you thinking of doing the whole stair? or just a marking line on the edges?

Kim:kim:
Thank you! Just as a step tile and I never thought of them being slippery until someone came over and said that?! Is that true? image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 3
Which color of grout do you guys like for my 6x6 tiles0B91D2A5-A799-4284-8D73-4C74A4F9F0BE.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C3E010E-9E9A-4714-A799-741FD134274C.jpeg
    5C3E010E-9E9A-4714-A799-741FD134274C.jpeg
    670.1 KB · Views: 5
  • D53F904F-70BE-4351-9BCE-FFF2AFF83F4C.jpeg
    D53F904F-70BE-4351-9BCE-FFF2AFF83F4C.jpeg
    712.9 KB · Views: 5
Its clearly time for bed for me. I was studying the first pic thinking the red was hideous. 🤦‍♂️ lalalalalalalala. Don't mind me.

I like both alot but would choose the darker one. My dude brain sees 2 and 3 as the same.

Its clearly time for bed for me. I was studying the first pic thinking the red was hideous. 🤦‍♂️ lalalalalalalala. Don't mind me.

I like both alot but would choose the darker one. My dude brain sees 2 and 3 as the same.
😂😂😂they look the same to me too, but 3 is a hair darker

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.