pool timer manual switch

Jul 1, 2017
Cedar Park/Texas
I have two inermatic timers one for my pool and one for cleaner that i no longer use.

So i have noticed a few times that the pool pump is running when it should be off and when I check the manual switch is in the on position. Also noticed that when the timer turns pump off I cannot flip the manual switch to on until some time passes and the dial moves.

Is it possible for the timer to flip the manual into the on position? I suspected someone was jumping the fence to use the pool but it would be fairly bold of them to turn on the pool pump on.

Going to lock the box but wondering if I have a bad timer maybe?

-David

Check to see if the off tripper is bent. Because the contacts sometimes arc when closing to come on, they can stick a bit. This can make it much harder to turn off than on, thus bending the little tripper as it's trying to turn the switch off. It almost always the off one that gets bent. Straightening or replacing may solve the problem, but if it continues you may have to swap or replace the mechanism.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.