Pool tile for steps, sun shelf, and bench

Gottabewet

Silver Supporter
Jun 18, 2018
Hudson Vally NY
We have picked our coping tile no problem, going with the boring tried and true Rodeo gray tile. But we cant for the life of us pick out the smaller 2"x 2" that we can put on the sun shelf, steps going into pool, and the full length bench going down 50 feet. How crazy would it be to not put tiles on any of these sections. We feel like it might detract from the simple beauty of the pool. We didn't have these small tiles on our last pool either because the builder never mentioned it and we never thought to consider it. Seems like every pool I see has them. Does anyone think these tiles are unnecessary? I do understand the safety element, but a few stubbed toes aren't that bad.

I do understand the safety element, but a few stubbed toes aren't that bad.

To me contrasting trim tiles on steps and benches are a safety feature letting people see where they and the edges are. Many people will be in the pool with poor eyesight, maybe without their glasses, or water in their eyes. The contrasting tiles let people identify the steps or ledges so they don't trip on them and know where to grab for safety if necessary. I would always want it in my pool.

To me contrasting trim tiles on steps and benches are a safety feature letting people see where they and the edges are. Many people will be in the pool with poor eyesight, maybe without their glasses, or water in their eyes. The contrasting tiles let people identify the steps or ledges so they don't trip on them and know where to grab for safety if necessary. I would always want it in my pool.
Darn, you're probably right.
What color Hydrazzo did you do? Is it Catalina blue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.