pool that has constant slope from 3'5" to 6'5". Should I install Basketball or Vball?

Wadeod

Jul 23, 2017
Granger, In
pool that has constant slope from 3'5" to 6'5". Should I install Basketball or Vball?

The pool I'm considering goes at a constant slope from 3'5" to 6'5" at 40 foot length. have kids aged 12 and 13. Would you recommend installing a basketball rim and volleyball net? Im worried about the slope and the volleyball especially.

Re: pool that has constant slope from 3'5" to 6'5". Should I install Basketball or Vb

No one will be able to stand in the deep 1/3, so neither is going to work on that end.

Re: pool that has constant slope from 3'5" to 6'5". Should I install Basketball or Vb

Our pool is 3 1/2 - 8'. We have a basketball hoop. The hoop is at the 5'ish depth. It works great. We get a lot of shot action from both sides of the net (shallow more but also plenty from the deep end). Water polo is played all without touching. You can certainly shoot basketballs without touching. In fact, it's great exercise. We also have some two level deep end benches which get a lot of action for shooting baseline and 3-pointers. See our build thread in my signature for pics of the hoop. The base weighs like 500 lbs when full of water the pole is breakaway verses a breakaway basket like a regular hoop. It wasn't cheap but several years in, it's been a fantastic feature of our pool. Aesthetics are my only issue (since it's white plastic) but the functionality of it is great in our pool.

I don't envision volleyball working in our pool. The only pools that I've seen that work great for volleyball that have a deep end at one end are "L" shaped vinyl pools. That is an awesome pool shape for functionality.

Im thinking basketball might be good idea too. Volleyball would be tough, but i guess the better players can play in deep end. Daughter plays volleyball and the whole team will be over for sure for 6 years or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.