Pool Temp Calibration

Aug 19, 2013
Mansfield, Texas
Woke up this morning and the pool was running because the FRZ indicator was on. It was 55 degrees outside. I looked at the manual for the pool controls and saw I could adjust the pool and air temperatures so i did. However, the control panel will not let me set the water temperature below 88 degrees and the water is actually 50 degrees. My pool control panel is a Compool CP3400.

When i cycle through the calibration temps I only get pool and air temp. I don't have any other sensors installed. Out of curiosity I also wonder why I don't have a sensor for the hot tub. I assume it used the same one as the pool.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Freeze goes by air temperature. What does it show for air temperature?

If either reading is incorrect, you probably need a new sensor.

With shared equipment, there is only one water temperature, which is whichever is on.

Well now they are both messed up. I went out to the power center to swap the air and water temperature to see if the problem moved from one to the other. I could not even get the set screws out of the board. Now I get Err1 on the control center and the air temperature calibration won't go lower than 96. Would a low battery at the power center cause strange problems like that? Even if the sensor is not functioning I would think you could set the calibration number to the correct temp regardless. Even if you don't get an accurate reading back.

Okay, i got the set screws out and swapped the sensors. I still have an Err1 and the air temp cant be calibrated lower than 89 degrees. I swapped them back and still have the error but now the air temp cant be adjusted below 119 degrees.

Another update. I cleaned the circuit board with canned air. All appears to be working properly now.

I suspect that you might have a circuit board error but I would try a new sensor first.

If you have a 10k ohm resistor, you can try it to see if it reads 77 degrees.

The sensor is 10k ohms at 77 degrees. If you connect the resistor as the sensor, the temperature should read 77 degrees.

Fry's should have a 10k ohm resistor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.