Pool store got it (mostly) right

Was going to Leslie's to see if they had a Hayward Navigator tune-up kit as I was next door at another store and wanted to fix it this weekend. I figured I'd have them test my water for a laugh while I was there. They tried to sell me the Navigator V-Flex upgrade kit. Told the salesperson (who was store manager) that I already had one and was looking for the tune up kit. She then pointed me to the individual parts. I said I needed the kit and gave her the part number which she looked up in her computer. Turns out they didn't have the kit as they no longer carry it, but they were happy to sell me the individual components for about 3x the price, but I digress.

Here are their results compared to mine earlier in the day:

TestLeslie'sMe
FC514
pH87.8
TA10090
CH240250
CYA6060

They didn't test for borates or salt, but did give me numbers on copper (0), iron (0), TDS (3,000 - High), and phosphates (0).

I was advised to lower my chlorine (of 5) right away by using Chlorine Neutralizer! :eek: Imagine if she saw 14! :tongue: The chart stated that the target FC is 1-4 (and I get the feeling it doesn't change based on CYA).

Oh, and the printout said I should start a weekly maintenance program to get rid of phosphates (which were 0) by using Perfect Weekly as per the label instructions. :p

Test was provided by a computer program (they dropped sample in and didn't do much else that I could see).

At least the test results were correct, aside from FC.

Thanked them and left without buying anything. Ordered the Hayward tune-up kit for $30 from Amazon. Will be here Tuesday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.