Pool store baloney

zibnata

Feb 28, 2017
Danbury,CT
I just had my pool installed. I am learning so much from all of you. I was talking to my pool builder yesterday and told him what I have learned on the forum about chemicals and the bbb method. His statement was exactly what you all have been talking about. He said " you can't believe anything on the internet. Also you can't buy cheap chemicals from Walmart or the internet because they are garbage and not as good as what he sells. I didn't bother arguing with him but you guys are right about these pool store owners.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Re: Pool store boloney

And TFP comes through again!! SCORE!!

Thing about this............don't you feel sorry for the people who have not found TFP???

:hug: thanks for the happiness!

Kim:kim:

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Nice detective work! :thumleft:

I guess we can quit calling them pool stores and start calling the Baloney Sandwich stores! :-D

Rollercoastr

Gold Supporter
May 18, 2016
West Bloomfield, MI
I was doing a google search a few weeks ago when I came across a site that stated that a pool can go green if there's an issue with the filter, circulation or dirt in the pool. There was no mention of sanitation or chemical levels whatsoever.

I'm regularly thankful that I found TFP early-on!

Veccster

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
I spent 10yrs with a pool and used pool store chemicals AND pool store water testing :hammer:

Pool is currently being installed and I'm planning to use TFP method. So I'm anxious to compare. I rarely left that pool store with less than $100 in chemicals....almost weekly.

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
...........fixed that for ya'!
Thanks! For that you get this. Everyone sing along ...

My bologna has a first name it's P O O L. My bologna has a second name it's S T O R E. I like to go there every week and give them my M O N E Y.

Donldson

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio
I always trust the salesperson who tells me that the competitors' product is inferior without offering any evidence to back their statement up. If you can't trust the person who has financial incentive to steer you towards their products, then who can you trust? :crazy:

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
LOL!! Right! And pay no attention to those pesky ingredients that say the exact same thing as that other box. It is still different even though the box says it is the same! Our sodium bicarbonate is better than theirs!

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
I spent 10yrs with a pool and used pool store chemicals AND pool store water testing :hammer:

Pool is currently being installed and I'm planning to use TFP method. So I'm anxious to compare. I rarely left that pool store with less than $100 in chemicals....almost weekly.
You my friend are in for a very pleasant surprise. Wait and see what I mean. Glad you joined us!

Captain 776

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2016
Thailand
100 dollars a week, that is nuts.
I go to World Chemical here in Thailand for my chemicals and I don't spend 20 dollars a month and water is SPARKLING.
LOOK IN PHONE BOOK NEAR YOU, LOOK FOR CHEMICAL SUPPLY....see if they have what you need and compare prices.

Other Threads of Interest