Pool Store Antics.......wanted to share with you guys

ok, almost ordered a box of hair nets... but do they interfere with the up down motion of the skimmer baskets? or would they just take it in and dump it out. or do they stay put through the motion?
Your skimmer basket should not be bobbing up & down in the skimmer.

I keep a small rock in the bottom of my skimmer basket so it stays at the bottom of the skimmer at all times.
+1

I use a rock just slightly larger than the opening in the bottom of the skimmer housing, incase I drop the rock into the skimmer it can't get sucked into the plumbing.

Also a big fan of the hair nets, so much easier (& cheaper) than the stockings I used to clean & re-use.

Dom

ok, almost ordered a box of hair nets... but do they interfere with the up down motion of the skimmer baskets? or would they just take it in and dump it out. or do they stay put through the motion?

Do you have a normal skimmer with a weir door? Or one of the floating skimmers?
If the later, I am not sure how the nets/socks might impact the operation.

Do you have a normal skimmer with a weir door? Or one of the floating skimmers?
If the later, I am not sure how the nets/socks might impact the operation.

the basket goes in the hole, and then it has the second part that goes in that and goes up and down with water depth... but it is a solid piece with no holes in it, so it does bob a little bit... creates more suction... imop

maybe it was added on later... but seems like they went together from the day it was put in.

So after looking up skimmer baskets... i see why the confusion. it is not just one part that sits there, so must be the floating skimmer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.