Pool Startup Costs - Second Acid Wash

Apr 13, 2017
Little Elm Texas
I have a thread on my plaster issues, so I wont go into that.
But they are coming out at the end of the month to drain the pool, do a second acid wash, then I have to fill the pool back up.
Without going into it, I have to cover the pool startup costs.

I have contacted two companies, one was $300, and the other $350.
Called another reputable company. I told them I just need the chemical startup. I was told $50 bucks for that.

Why such a big gap in price? Am I missing something that needs to be done during startup?
I was under the impression, that since they are doing the acid wash, we just need to do a "chemical startup", meaning just get the new pool water balanced and turn on the equipment.
Am I wrong?

Only big cost to start up after a refill for you is the water and salt. And this time of year you do not even need to add the salt.

Do it your self. Add 30 ppm worth of CYA and adjust the CH (if necessary), pH and FC. Done. Then test a couple times a week until spring and manage the FC and pH as needed. In spring add the salt and some more CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.