LifeTime Supporter
Aug 29, 2012
Caledonia, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm in process of repairing my "Aquaslide N Dive" pool slide. Eventually I'll get to resurfacing the slide itself, but right now I'm trying to replace the deck flange mounts which were plastic and cracked pretty bad - so I bought replacement aluminum ones. Of course while removing the nuts on the old flange quite a few of the existing wedge anchor bolts snapped.

So I pulled up my dremel and cut off the remaining wedge anchors flush with deck. I planned on taking the new aluminum deck flanges and giving them a quarter turn and remount using 3/8 wedge anchors in the same footprint of the prior flange. But now I'm learning you can't mount the anchor flanges within 3.75" of each other (spacing video:
) - which means I'd have to move it 8" to give full clearance.

I don't really want to relocate my slide to 8" away from it's existing location. Is there another way? It's interesting because the deck flanges themselves (Amazon.com : S.R. Smith 75-209-5000 Flange without Deck Mounting Hardware : Swimming Pool Diving Boards : Garden & Outdoor) only have a 3" hole to hole spread - violating the wedge anchor spacing.

113546 113547

Thanks,
Jamie

If that is how it was before I would think that is how it should be now. My thoughts on the video is that if you look hard enough you can find a study/video that says this or that so................I say stick with how it is now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.