Pool shed sinking - Advice on how to repair/replace

bostonpool

May 29, 2017
Worcester, MA
Hey friends:

I'm just about to open up my 40+ year old gunite pool. The pool has a small pool shed that has been there since the beginning, I think. It is weathered but is otherwise in good shape.

My concern is the pool shed sits away, slightly down slope from my pool. The front of the pool shed faces the uphill slope (slope angles down toward the sheds front door). The shed "foundation" appears to be pressure treated 8x8" boards. The sides and back 8x8's are sitting on blocks as the ground slopes away from the shed. But the front 8x8 sits at grade/ground level.

Over the past decade, this front 8x8 sitting on the ground has rotted away. I assume water runs down hill each time it rains. As a result, the shed has started sinking a bit on the front end, probably about 2-4".

I'd like to find a way to jack up the front of the shed and replace this 8x8 with new, pressure treated lumber, and then relevel the shed. But am worried on how to do this. I don't want to impact the pump supply/return lines, the pool bonding or electrical, etc.

Do you guys recommend hiring someone to make repairs like this and if so, are there special "pool shed" builders? Or do you typically use just a traditional shed company?

Other thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.