Pool set up advice

Andy B.

Jun 23, 2020
Athens, TN
I have an Intex 15x48 metal frame pool with SWS. I’m planning on setting it up long term. I understand it needs to be level and compacted. My question is what to put under it ( sand, foam board, or even carpet) and also what to place under legs. I have geofabric that is going to go over whatever base I have.

Welcome Andy! :wave: I'm going to move your thread to the AGP sub-forum for more views. There are many, many threads in that forum about AGP base prep and install. Lots of pics as well to help. Take a few moments to use our search feature above and you'll see what I mean. Quickly though .... yes, paves under the posts/legs. Some people use thick 2x8 or 2x10 boards as well. The base (sand, pads, etc) depends on your local soil conditions and what kind of feel you want under the liner. Most important though is protection from rocks, weeds, or anything that may try to penetrate. Sand doesn't protect from much and it can wash away if in a low area so be careful about that. Above all else - make sure it is level! But do some searching and you'll tons of discussions. Let us know if you have other questions.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thank you so much for answering. I’m leaning towards 2” foam board. I just feel over time it would hold up better than sand and offer more protection. I’m just wanting to do it right, so I don’t have problems with that. I’m planning on glueing the foam board together as well as taping it on both sides. Then putting geofabric under it and on it. Do you think 4” thick solid concrete blocks are overkill?

Do you think 4” thick solid concrete blocks are overkill?
Well, they certainly are beasts to lug around the yard, but you know they won't snap. But I'd say on average, as long as the base under the paver is flat and solid, the regular 2" pavers should work fine as well. Keep posting back if you have more questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.