Pool Robot Cleaner with mapping

Coog,

As far as I know, the answer is no.

That said, I have three pools that all have robot cleaners. Two freestyle and one more rectangular pool. My experience, with all three pools is the same. If I have one dimed sized leaf in the bottom of the pool, when the robot cycle is done, the leaf will be gone, at least 90% of the time. And 100% of the time if a 2nd cycle has to be run.

Just to be clear, all my pools are TFP pools, so I do not have dirt or algae in my pools that would show where the robot actually travels. So I guess it is possible the robot just gets lucky most of the time, but as long as the leaf is gone, I am happy.

I guess my point is that actually mapping is not really needed in most cases. It is not like the robot has anywhere else to go.. :mrgreen:

Keep in mind that robots will not clean stairs or benches, etc.

Here is a recent review that I did that might be interesting.. New EVO 614i Robot Pool Cleaner Review

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.