Pool return pushing the vacuum line.

Jul 29, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
Hello!

Long time lurker, needing some advice/ideas on my problem.

I have the Hayword Aquabug auto vac. paired with a 2 speed pump. On low speed the vac. will not move very much. When on high speed 80ish GPM. it works fantastic but then the vac. hose get pushed to the opposit side of the pool by the return. Ive take the eye off, moved the eye every way that it can go and it still wont let the bug go to that side of the pool.

Any thoughts on a solution?

There is a solution :) but it is not what you want to hear... I have the poolvernugen / the pool cleaner and it will go past the high speed return and it works for the whole pool... without something with wheels your going to get what you have now...

Another way if you have a valve you can turn it on low and move the valve so your pulling most from the suction side... I set mine 25% from the skimmer and 75% from the vac and that works also..

There is another option that is not 30 years old...

Grab a pool robot, they work great, clean the whole pool including the water line and have no issues with stairs or just about anything... they are cheaper to run and work with the pump off or on... they are only 100 to 200 more than a pool cleaner..

call marina pool and spa and grab yourself an S200 for a great price...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.