Pool resurfacing issues

I have a question about our recent pool resurfacing. I apologize if this is not the correct forum. Long story short, we are at day 30 of our resurfacing. During the day, the pool looks great. At night with the light on, you can see many imperfections which I do not believe is normal and would like some input. The floor is very wavy (probably somewhat normal). What concerns me more is there are areas where the surface appears pitted and there is a long ridge which are both highlighted in the photos. I have contacted the contractor to come evaluate it but I wanted some input as to whether this is normal or I’m being too picky. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• FFF4133F-18E7-41C4-87E4-E9BB00E6ADE4.jpg
    FFF4133F-18E7-41C4-87E4-E9BB00E6ADE4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 218
  • A9B801CC-A2BB-4CD6-AE33-99EC3688B79F.jpg
    A9B801CC-A2BB-4CD6-AE33-99EC3688B79F.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 819DEE4C-2AB2-4373-8EB1-4831D80E490B.jpg
    819DEE4C-2AB2-4373-8EB1-4831D80E490B.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 214
The pitting in the first photo is concerning. Looks like a poor troweling job, and will only get worse with time. I don't know if that justifies a total redo, or if it can somehow be repaired without looking weird or causing future issues. I'd classify that as a defect in workmanship.

I have a question about our recent pool resurfacing. I apologize if this is not the correct forum. Long story short, we are at day 30 of our resurfacing. During the day, the pool looks great. At night with the light on, you can see many imperfections which I do not believe is normal and would like some input. The floor is very wavy (probably somewhat normal). What concerns me more is there are areas where the surface appears pitted and there is a long ridge which are both highlighted in the photos. I have contacted the contractor to come evaluate it but I wanted some input as to whether this is normal or I’m being too picky. Thanks for your help.

This is completely normal, 90% of resurfaced looks will look like this at night time.

Welcome to TFP!

What does the PB and/or plaster company say? Is it a name brand product from a company like SGM? Plaster manufacturers are often willing to help resolve issues between builders and customers.

That looks terrible. I had my pool replastered about 45 days ago and it’s smooth as silk. I just now looked at it in the dark with the pool lights on. You need a re-do. It looks like somebody damaged your new surface before it hardened. My contractor made many errors, but this was not one of them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I’m still working with the contractor, but today I just realized they plastered the polaris adapter in, meaning the screw in adapter is embedded with the plaster and cannot be removed. I can not imagine this is supposed to be like this. Can anyone please confirm?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.