Pool Resurface Project - UPDATE (PICS!!)

Filling it up!

I grabbed a meter because I wanted to know exactly how many gallons this pool is.

Attachments

• 20170324_173015.jpg
    20170324_173015.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 20170324_172953.jpg
    20170324_172953.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 20170324_173242.jpg
    20170324_173242.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 148
Where did you pick that up? I would like to know how many gallons my pool will be and since it's free form and the depths are 4-7ft I can't find a decent calculator.
My plans say 13.5k gallons but that can't be right based on some of the pools I seen, I would guess it's north of 15-16k gallons. It's 34x19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love, love, love how the waterline tile really ties together the decking, stone, and plaster! Well done!

We have a way to dial in the size of the pool using the tests! How neat is that? I will work with both of you to see how close your meter gets to the "real" size.

You can break the pool up into small slices and use Pool math one slice at a time and add it up to see where to start and we will work from that as well.

Kim:kim:

Thank you for the compliments.

You can pick one up at Northern tool for 150 bucks. Grab some fittings from home Depot and you are good. It only goes up to hundreds, but since it was brand new I will just keep track of the totalizer.

I have a construction company and we use them at work so when it's done here I'll take it to the shop. You can find cheaper ones off ebay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just rolled over 10k gallons with 1ft to go.

Definitly green. I briefly read the startup instructions here. My PBs instructions say to start pump as soon as possible. Turn off SWG. Don't turn on heater. Let pump run for 4 days non stop

Attachments

• 20170325_141837.jpg
    20170325_141837.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 118
I really enjoyed reading your thread!!! I love watching older pools becoming new again! You mentioned you aren't a fan of flagstone. I understand, I'm not either. But in your gorgeous setting, the flagstone seems perfect to me. I think the plaster finish and tile ya'll selected are terrific - I love both. As Kim said, the tile brings everything together. I especially like how the smaller tiles you used to mark the steps and other edges blend so well with the finish and yet still show up enough to do their job - safety and lovely accents. With all the lovely curves of the steps and benches the linear tile edges are elegant. I hope it's ok that in my next life, I use the same pebble finish and tile?!!!

Now I can't wait to see the water all crystal clear!!! My pool was about the same 'lovely' shade of green yours is now. It won't take long. My PB gave similar instructions - we ran the pump on high for about 4 days, waited to add salt for 30 days (and of course keep the salt cell off), and no heater also for 30 days. I dreaded having more wait times, but the time flew by!

Congratulations and keep the pictures coming!!!
Suz

I really am glad you have enjoyed and I especially hope that someone lurking has taken some information from this thread to help them make their renovation decision.

This forum is a terrific tool. My PB was really persistent in telling me that GMS blue from NPT was the best tile that he had seen with flagstone. He swore that the glass tiles just didn't seem to look right. I was very happy he talked me into it. He was a really great guy, knowledgeable, honest BUT.....BUT....his best attribute was that he communicated. I could send him an email and he would reply within 10 minutes.

Here is the document that the PB sent me. It is a pretty generic one but I am sure it is fine. I have to go out of town tomorrow morning until next Friday but the pool company will be here Monday to begin their service weekly for 5 weeks straight and then go to twice a month.

Attachments

• Swimming-Pool-Start-Up-Procedures.jpg
    Swimming-Pool-Start-Up-Procedures.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 107
That is very thorough and easy to follow.

What test kit did he give you?

When you get to adding the CYA please do not put it in the skimmer. We have found putting it in socks and hanging them infront of a return works much better.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.