Pool replaster - calcium spots on tile

Blaine965

Sep 7, 2021
TX
Hey guys! I had our pool replastered and tile replaced just over one month ago.

I’ve got water balanced with chlorine around 3, ph 7.2, alkalinity around 80.

I am battling calcium spots popping up on the glass tile spa spillover and other pool waterline tiles.

So far, I’ve tried descaler spray with scrub mit, wet/dry 220 sandpaper, 10 parts water:1 part muriaitac acid spray bottle and brush.

Thank you in advance for any feedback!

Blaine

Attachments

• 41B8A5F3-9D64-4783-BC51-C5CFB3102430.jpeg
    41B8A5F3-9D64-4783-BC51-C5CFB3102430.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 17
I doubt those are calcium spots. It looks like those are spots where the grout was thin and it’s fallen out. I think you are seeing the white thin set that was used to attach the tiles. When the grout fell out (or was very thin to start with) you see the bonding thin set that’s underneath it.

Those spots should be regrouted by your PB.

I doubt those are calcium spots. It looks like those are spots where the grout was thin and it’s fallen out. I think you are seeing the white thin set that was used to attach the tiles. When the grout fell out (or was very thin to start with) you see the bonding thin set that’s underneath it.

Those spots should be regrouted by your PB.
thank you! I really appreciate the response!

Blaine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.