Pool renovation coping replacement choices.

TBART

Oct 29, 2019
NJ
Trying to get ideas on replacing the coping, not sure what to do. I would like a similar bull nose, but I can't find anything.
I know I have to cut off the coping, not sure what to use in its place.
Vinyl liner, fiberglass walls.

Thanks for the help
Tom
IMG_20190928_141842371.jpgIMG_20190928_141902938.jpgIMG_20190928_141909634.jpg

Last edited:
That's not true coping you have. That's liner track is the bullnose and concrete is simply poured behind it and smoothed over the top to make a eased edge. You would have to replace the liner track to use a bullnose/fullness coping. Some people use pavers/stone to replace and just but it up to the coping. If this isn't aluminum track it wont hold up and it's hard to tell in pubs but it looks kind of wonky already as far as line level goes. What happened to the missing chunk

Yup that works. I use alot of that CST coping. Make sure you seal it. My recommendation....take angle grinder and notch the back concrete that's sticking out so you have room for sand under pavers. When I form them I stay half inch inside the backside. When you go to lay field you will have a tough time getting pavers to lay nice theres no give. If you have a half inch or more of mud you would be ok may have to beat them in with mallet. If your doing it the proper way with a plate compactor set the pavers 3/8" high they will sink that much after compacting. Only use 1" of concrete sand nothing else over the QP base. Another trick is to make a screed board just for oping edge. Take a short 2x6 and notch it thickness of paver minus 3/8" and slide it over edge as you final screed and a guide. That way field matches perfect to backside of coping

Reactions: TLT
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.