Pool remodel....Brown tile?

NewPoolGirlTX

Bronze Supporter
Sep 5, 2021
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
We are finally going to redo my 19 year old pool. The overall aesthetic of my house is cream limestone with brown variations, brown roof, brown cedar pillars

I am thinking a brown based color scheme for the tile might look nice, but wasn't sure if it would affect how the water color looks. We'll also have more tile as I'm going to replace the stone of the spa underneath the spillover with tile

I also really like the looks of the smaller, glass tiles but will they be a nightmare to keep clean with so much mortar?

Any advice or pics would be so helpful

Thank you
Marci20220930_090026.jpg

NPGT,

In my mind the color of the tile needs to blend with the water and not the coping.

I say this as I had a pool refurbished with new plaster, tile and coping. I thought it would be great to make the tile the same basic color as the flagstone coping. Well, I was wrong. It looks ok but has no 'pop'.

The pool at my house has white coping and blueish tile and it has much more pop, and I like it much better.

In the big picture it does not really matter, as everyone's tastes are different, but for me, I want to see some color that you would expect your water to be. I would not expect to brown water or green water, etc.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: NewPoolGirlTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.