Pool refill

You will be adding bleach much less frequently as soon as you get the chlorine stabilizer Cyanuric Acid (CYA) in your pool. Since your are just starting you could use liquid stabilizer. One bottle should get you to 40ppm + . It will also drop your pH so do it when your pH is up. You can get more dry stabilizer as well but this dissolves slowly and is best added in a tied off skimmer sock hung in front of a pool return rather than into a skimmer basket.

Amazon link for liquid stabilizer (mix shake well) its a slurry and you will refill the bottle with pool water to get it all.

Amazon link for dry stabilizer

It will take the water a while to stabilize, but the CYA will also help. My water stabilized pH wise when the TA got down to 60 and less acid is required particularly without a SWG chlorinator.

Enjoy!

You will be adding bleach much less frequently as soon as you get the chlorine stabilizer Cyanuric Acid (CYA) in your pool. Since your are just starting you could use liquid stabilizer. One bottle should get you to 40ppm + . It will also drop your pH so do it when your pH is up. You can get more dry stabilizer as well but this dissolves slowly and is best added in a tied off skimmer sock hung in front of a pool return rather than into a skimmer basket.

Amazon link for liquid stabilizer (mix shake well) its a slurry and you will refill the bottle with pool water to get it all.

Amazon link for dry stabilizer

It will take the water a while to stabilize, but the CYA will also help. My water stabilized pH wise when the TA got down to 60 and less acid is required particularly without a SWG chlorinator.

Enjoy!
I did the CYA after 72 hours, which was on Friday. The CYA is at 45 on the last test. The contractors left the pool filling on Monday, Tuesday morning it was full.

Tuesday - Thursday I brushed twice a day, testing for pH about 2 hours after the 2nd brush and adding acid to adjust (I went through 3 gallons)
Friday - Still brushing twice a day and testing pH (it has setlled in the mid 7 range) and I added 3lb of the dry CYA. After that dissolved I waited 2 hours and tested at 45 for CYA
Saturday - I started adding bleach at 10%, testing once a day and adjusting.
Monday - I was at 5ppm FC after adding 43 ounces last night. I will attempt an OCLT next weekend if the pH stays low and FC looks good all week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.