Pool Rail choice, Marine grade for pool with a SWG?

Baalz

Jun 5, 2013
Havre de Grace, MD
Pool Size
We hav4e been renovating our pool for the last couple of months. Soon the concrete deck will be installed and we need to decide on a pool rail.
We have narrowed it down to the SR Smith art-1004 rail. Since we will be going to a SWG in a year, should we get the marine grade rail instead? Sr Smith art-1004-MG
143577_1_2013415105824.jpg

We hav4e been renovating our pool for the last couple of months. Soon the concrete deck will be installed and we need to decide on a pool rail.
We have narrowed it down to the SR Smith art-1004 rail. Since we will be going to a SWG in a year, should we get the marine grade rail instead? Sr Smith art-1004-MG
143577_1_2013415105824.jpg
The SWG or no SWG doesn’t make a difference. Are the materials the same? If the cost is close enough the marine grade couldn’t hurt and may last longer.

304 stainless vs MG 316 stainless
Depends on your wallet in that case. The salt level in a “salt pool” isn’t like the salt content of a marine environment. (Unless you live in a marine environment like the beach) So it’s your choice, but nothing wrong with better materials.

That's the rail I have! It looks great in a pool. My last pool, I used the standard rail, and it started showing rust in about 3 years. This time I went with marine grade. Still looks brand new after 3+ years, so I would recommend you go with marine grade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.