Pool Quotes - Raleigh, NC

WOWZER!!! That is SO pretty! LOVE how wide you made the new stairs. That all came out great!
How is the water care going?

Yes, the stairs coming straight off our backdoors is one of my favorite things. Not only do they make for easier access (especially getting into the spa), but it opens up the view to everything from inside the house and out on the deck.

Water care has been pretty smooth. We did add a chlorinator for the winter to help keep the dosing consistent, and my hubby has been out there every day brushing and checking water levels. The one fix we've found so far is that our overflow drain pipe settled enough that it was below the desired waterline of the pool, so we've had to add way more water than we'd anticipated. PB has put in a temporary fix to keep it from draining and has promised to come back with a real solution that won't be effected by ground settling.

Yes, the stairs coming straight off our backdoors is one of my favorite things

That’s exactly what did. 6 foot wide stairs on the new deck. Sit at the kitchen table and have full view out the new sliders. (Which is now depressing looking at the trampoline). But we still love it.

Reactions: darceync
Hello there, we have a home in Apex, NC that has a 20x40 pool already in the yard. However the pool was ignored for many years and is in need of significant repairs and overhaul. I would be interested to know who your builder was and what your experience with them was, as well as the other builders in the area you considered. I would like to have our pool overhauled this spring so I am shopping for quotes now. If you would PM me or send me an email it would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi, all! Been stalking the forums for a hot minute while my husband and I jump into this process feet first. Our last home in Atlanta was appx 16x36, 3'6"-6', SWG with a tanning ledge, sandstone coping, sheer descent WF and concrete decking... so when we got an almost ideal backyard here in NC for a pool, my hubby said we needed to go bigger and better!

We already decided not to go with PB#1 as he was significantly higher in $$ and was very resistant to some of our requests, essentially implying that we were dumb for asking for certain items. We've just wrapped a meeting w/ a 2nd PB today and have a 3rd tomorrow, but wanted to get a feel/reaction to #2's list:
  • Pool size 24'x38'
  • Custom free-form
  • 3'6"-8'
  • 18,200 gal
  • 7' interior depth spa w/ 360 spillover
  • Chiseled stone coping
  • 6" waterline tile
  • Pebble finish
  • 800 sq ft Travertine decking
  • Rebar #3 steel w/ bond beam (transferable lifetime warranty)
  • 100% shotcrete shell (transferable lifetime warranty)
  • 1 set of 3 wedding cake custom steps
  • Tanning ledge w/ umbrella flange
  • 4 main drains w/ anti-vortex covers
  • 2 largemouth skimmers w/ removable baskets
  • Separate vacuum line for cleaner
  • 5 adjustable eyeball returns
  • Nature2 FusionSoft SWG FSOFT1400
  • 5 Jandy LED color lights (nicheless RGBW watercolor)
  • Jandy 400,000k BTU JXi Pool/Spa heater
  • Jandy 2.7hp variable-speed ePump
  • Aqua-link PS6
  • Polaris 9650iQ Robot cleaner
  • Cost: $116,000
Options we're considering:
  • Large grotto w/ natural stone boulders + 10 tons of additional stone for decor (adds additional variable-speed ePump)
  • Fireplace/grill/fridge combo under additional 16'x30' pavilion cover w/ travertine decking
  • Fire pit w/ additional 188sq ft travertine decking @ back of pool area
  • Total additional cost for all 3 options: $53,000
Hi!

I realize your post is a few years old now, but I thought I would try to reply with the hope of hearing back :) We live in the Durham, NC area and have been contacting pool builders. Your pool sounds amazing! I would love to hear which PB you went with an Dif you were happy with the process/outcome.

Thank you so much!!
Maggie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.