pool pumps

RVA027 said:
I check it with a basic kit and then go to leslies every couple weeks the give you a detailed print out of all levels which I think is pretty cool.
Sure the print out might be "cool", but it is anything but accurate. The same conclusion happens repeatedly here ... nearly all pool store testing is worth exactly what you pay for it. If you really want to be in control, get one of the Recommended Test Kits.

RVA027 said:
So running that long on a low speed might be to much I will start cutting it back a little at a time. I set it up that way cause I thought that was the purpose of the variable speed so you can run longer at low rpms and save money . I just want to turn my pool over more than once a day as I have a dog that is in it several times a day cant keep him out.
Sure you can save money by running on lower RPMs, you can save 100% by turning the pump off if you do not need it on.

RVA027 said:
And when we bought this home it was bank owned and the pool was empty so it very pours and that seems to attract more algae as I get yellow algae. And have good balance on my chemicals
Well, it must not be a "good balance" according to our recommendations of you would not be EVER seeing algae ... another reason we do not trust the pool stores. If you see algae, then you need to SLAM the pool. [slam:1xz1t48e][/slam:1xz1t48e]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.