Pool Pump wont turn on with new jandy rs interface

ahha0527

In The Industry
Jul 11, 2022
Los Angeles
Hello

recently jandy rs insterface was switched out
pretty straight forward - all cables were connected to new interface just as it was in old one
the filter pump is the only one that doesnt turn on
there is power going to pump but nothing

any suggestions?

i attached video of what happens when i turn filter pump on?

To manually turn on the pump the system needs to be in Service mode. This is the button on the far left. The single button rotates the system from Auto to Service to Time Out modes.

Did you change any other equipment or just the PCB?
Is the circuit breaker on to the pump? That is normally an independent power supply to the relay.
It sounds like the relay is activating so that indicates there is no power to the relay for the device you trying to operate.

yes - tried both auto mode with filter pump
activated and service mode with filter pump on

both give same results shown in video

breakers are on
there is power going in panel and power going to filter pump but filter pump doesnt turn on
nothing else was changed
it was simple plug everything to new pcb

all the other aux relays work except filter pump

If you have power going to the pump, and it is a single speed pump, then either you have a bad pump or you don't actually have power going to the pump.

If your pump is set up for 240 volts, please tell me how you determined that the pump had AC power...

You MUST test between the two hot leads (L1 and L2) and measure 240 volts.. If you tested L1 to ground and L2 to ground, then you can get a false reading.

If you have a VS pump, then the pump should have constant AC power and the automation would tell the pump when to run based on its programming, and the com cable between the pump and the automation.

Thanks,

Jim R.

maybe the filter pump is done?:(
just want to make sure there might be other issue before replacing pump
To confirm, you did not unscrew any wires from the black relays. The only thing that you did was pull the small plug from each socket and then reinserted them in the same socket on the new PCB.

I would test by turning off the system
Unplug the relay from the first socket and then unplug another relay from another socket (ex. Aux 3).
Put the pump relay plug into that other socket (lets say it is labeled Aux 3)
Turn power on to the system, let it reboot and then put the system in Service mode (this way only the panel buttons are active)
Press Aux 3 button to see if pump turns on. If it does, then there is some issue with the filter pump socket (the first socket on the left) or the plug was not seated all the way.
If the pump does not start then there is an issue with wiring to the relay or of the pump itself.