Pool Pump Timer with SWG

yamahaboy22

Nov 8, 2021
Alabama
Pool Pump Timer Wiring Help

Hi all! I hope a post like this is okay. I have general knowledge of electrical wiring but wanted some advice. I recently purchased a home with an inground pool. The pool is set up for salt water with a generator on a separate circuit from the pump. I would like to set up a timer for the pump and the salt water generator but I am unsure if I can get away with one timer or if I need a timer for each system. I have attached some pictures of the set up as it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already ordered a timer for the pump link below. I think I can get a larger 40amp breaker and run to 1 timer and then run 2 lines out (1 to the pump and the other to the SWG)

Top breaker is pump and bottoms is SWG

There should not be any need for a 40 amp breaker.. assuming that is 12 gauge wiring, the biggest you can go is 20 amps anyway.

With a single speed pump you only need a single timer.. Basically you should run the pump and the SWCG's control center off the same power.. So when you turn on the pump, you also turn on the SWCG. Obviously, you want the pump and the SWCG to both be configured to run off of the same voltage, either 240 or 120 volts..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.