Orangevale, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
The problem I have is that when the pump is off, the water drains out of the filter into the pool and the pump has to be primed at every startup. I'm seeing a small steady stream of small bubbles coming from the filtered water pipe into my pool so air is being sucked in on the suction side of the pump and when the pump is off, that air is allowing the water to drain out of the filter.

My pump, filter and salt chlorinator cell are all about 6 months old. I've lubed the clear cover on my pentair intelliflo, checked to make sure the inlet connections to my pump are clean and tight. I used a high quality electrical tape over the connections on my plumbing to see if the bubbles go away and found they go away at random - unrelated to what connections I taped over - and the bubbles will start again later at random.

Where else should I be looking? To my knowledge, the problem would have to be on the suction side of the pump....am I wrong?

There are two drain plugs on the pump. Take those out, check the oring, and lube them with Pool Lube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.