Pool pump run timing

Sep 30, 2012
Cypress, TX
It is hot in Houston during the summer months (started early this year). Is it best to run my pool pumps during the daylight hours, night time hours or a combination of both? I have a 15,000 gallon above ground plaster pool currently about 94 degree water. I'm currently running 12 hours (from 9AM to 3PM and again from 10PM to 4AM). Should I change this? Help

You run the pump for a reason. First is to create and/or distribute chlorine in the pool each day. How do you chlorinate? Second is to skim the surface. Typically whichever one of those has the longest time required meets the needs of the pool. Generally, it does not matter when you run the pump. That is assuming that your pool design is such that circulation is good when the pump runs.

Please fill out your signature. Knowing what pool size, type, equipment, chlorinating method, and test equipment helps us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.