Pool Pump question. (opening)

Hi, this is a really busy time of year here at TFP. I'm sorry you had so many questions go unanswered. Stick with liquid bleach for now. Use PoolMath to determine how much you need after you test each day.

Can you post a picture of the flaky stuff? Could be something from the pool or could be something getting blown into the pool. Are there any large trees nearby?

Your oclt shows you have something consuming the chlorine. Did you take the steps out of the pool over winter?

uty6y9e8.jpg

vu2evyme.jpg

I think it might be pollen? It just sits on the water and doesn't move much.

As for the steps. Yes I took them out and I cleaned them with bleach before I put them back in.

As I add more liquid chlorine, do I wasn't too keep my FC at the shock level all day? (Which is 16 for me). Then do the OCLT again and hopefully pass tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You should stay at shock level as much as possible until you pass the oclt.

If you scoop any of that stuff out what does it feel like? Does it fall apart? From the picture the water level looks like it is higher than 1/2 way up the skimmer. You will get better skimming action if the water is about 1/2 way up the skimmer. If you have too much water you don't get enough downward pull on the surface of the water to suck in the fine floating debris. You might need to drain off a little water, maybe 1/2-1". You don't want to drain too much and suck air into the system.

a8a4atab.jpg

You can see the yellow line. That is pollen. As I drain a little I'm seeing it around my pool liner also.

a3eva4av.jpg

The pool itself is looking pretty good. Once I get that floaty stuff out and keep my algae under control.

I kept it at shock level for the 1st half of the day. But we had to leave. I added more liquid chlorine, and I'm putting my kid to bed... Then I'll retreat water and see how we do OCLT ?

Well, I didn't get my FC back to shock level. I am at 10 and it should be 14. It's 10:30pm and I can add more liquid chlorine if it isn't too late? Or should I just test in the morning and if it hadn't moved more than 1ppm will that still count? Ugh...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water is crystal clear and your CC is 0.5 or less correct ?
We have the same size pool My CYA level is set at 40. The pool gets a good 10-11 hours of full sun. I target 7 for my FC level when I dose it after the sun is off the pool. Usually it takes a quart to a quart and half of 8.25%. Yesterday the pool lost 3 ppm FC and I added 1 quart 3 cups. I also use Ollie's liquid chlorine when it's on sale. It's 12.5% so I use less to reach my target. 2-3 1/2 cups will get me there. I did have a tree removed a month ago so it does get some extra sun exposure. ?

Only reason i ask is. I had the solar cover on and we did not swim today at all, my FC was 6.5 and CC 0. I did add a little with my filter running for a couple hours just to do it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.