Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am out of town for a few days. My son called and told me the pool pump motor quit working and is humming. Looking at previous posts, I will need to check and make sure the impeller rotates freely, and the capacitor is good. But at the same time, I am thinking, why would a running motor quit? Perhaps I need to just bite the bullet and order a new motor so it will be there when I get home. Any thoughts?

What model pump?

Post a pic of the motor data plate.

How old is the pump?

Humming is often a capacitor problem. Capacitors often explode from excess heat. I would look at the capacitor before ordering a new motor.

This would be a great time to think about a variable speed motor and/or converting to a salt pool. As Allen points out you might get a little reprieve with a simple capacitor change.

Chris

I received the volute and completed the assembly of PB460. As the picture show I hand tightened the hose connections and put a wrench to quarter turn it. I do have some seepage at two connections. How tight should make these connections? I was afraid of cracking the nozzles.

That exactly looks like my setup. Upon getting back, I will check it. I just have a simple multimeter. No capacitance measurements.
;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.