Pool pump motor leaking

coolinthepool

May 8, 2019
Fishers, IN
Hi, all—I installed a new pool pump motor this past fall and it’s been working great. Today I went out and noticed the water had dropped significantly. Upon inspecting the equipment, sure enough, the motor housing was dumping water out. I’ve refilled the pool.
I’ve taken the motor off of the housing and inspected the o ring and ensure the impeller is spinning. Those seem to be fine. Honestly, I’m not sure what it is. The impeller/diffuser weren’t replaced when I replaced the motor, so it could be those. And if I replace those, I may as well replace al of the o-rings again. Thoughts?

Here’s the model:
DE0DB476-2236-43D9-86F5-87B333A67AEE.jpeg

Here’s a video:

Hi, all—I installed a new pool pump motor this past fall and it’s been working great. Today I went out and noticed the water had dropped significantly. Upon inspecting the equipment, sure enough, the motor housing was dumping water out. I’ve refilled the pool.
I’ve taken the motor off of the housing and inspected the o ring and ensure the impeller is spinning. Those seem to be fine. Honestly, I’m not sure what it is. The impeller/diffuser weren’t replaced when I replaced the motor, so it could be those. And if I replace those, I may as well replace al of the o-rings again. Thoughts?

Here’s the model:
View attachment 151608

Here’s a video:

That’d be great if I can find out which seal it is. Model is c48k2pa105c5

You're reading the motor label. That's not going to help. We need the information from the pump. What numbers can you see anywhere?

What is the part number that is visible in the picture?

Is it this pump?

Is it this pump?

I appreciate your help, I posted a picture of the problem. The shaft seal spring was broken. I’ve already ordered the replacement. Thanks again!

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.