Pool pump housing crack repair

jmcnair101

Sep 16, 2020
Katy, TX
Hey everyone,
I got caught down here in the Houston area with the freezing temps several weeks back and lost power during the night. By the time I woke in the morning all the water in my pipes and pumps had frozen. Ended up with a couple cracks. One was in the 3 way valve which I just replaced (took weeks to get the part due to back order). The other crack is on the pump housing where the clamp ring tightens down over the strainer basket. I thought i could maybe repair with some JB weld but it doesn't appear to want to stick to the material that the housing is made of. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a material that would stick to this thing? The crack is really not that bad but it keeps the clamp ring from tightening down the lid and lets some air into the system.

The pump is a Pentair Superflo (model #340038)

Thanks in advance

Jason

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pics of the crack.

Here are ideas from others problems...

Thanks for linking that post. I could add a pic but the funny thing is the pick would look exactly the same as that one in the other post. Mine cracked in the same spot on the same tab. I will try what was suggested there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.